About the app
With Ordelogy Translate you automatically translate products or texts from a web page that you have in Mergado exports (usually XML feeds or CSV).
How the app helps you
- It translates data in exports in Mergado to required languages.
- It uses the API of DeepL or Google Translate for translations.
- Initial translation is usually complete within minutes up to one hour, depending on the number of products or other texts.
- New products will be translated automatically during the normal automatic feed regeneration in Mergado.
- 21 European (Bulgarian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Hungarian, Italian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Polish, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish)
- 2 Asian (Chinese, Japanese)
How to operate the app
- Set a connection to a translator you want to translate with (Google Translate or DeepL).
- Google Translate provides a free introductory credit for translation worth $300. That can be enough to translate around 20k products (depending on the length of the texts).
- DeepL is, according to many sources, the best machine translation on the market,
- Create a translation rule in the app. You set:
- which translator to use,
- which languages to translate from and to,
- what products query (selection of products) to translate,
- which elements from the feed to translate.
- The translation is processed by applying rules during feed regeneration in Mergado.
- Manual tuning of translations is possible via manual editing of products or by rules in Mergado.
- Rules must be listed under the translation rule on the Rules Mergado page.
Examples of use
- Translation of e-shop for expansion to another country.
- Translation of product data for foreign advertising or marketplaces.
- Translation of product data from foreign suppliers.
- Translation of product data for foreign wholesale buyers.
Translating with the app has two parts of price. Fix price for the Ordelogy Translate app (first 30 days free) and variable price for external translation services Google Translate or DeepL based on usage. You have to have your own account in the translation service of your choice.
- We do not have a surcharge for the characters translated.
- More complicated initial setup.
Google Translate pricing
- $10 monthly fix fee with free credit for translating 500k characters.
- Additional translation for $20 per 1 million characters.
- Option to use free introductory credit (300 USD), which is enough to translate around 20k products
- See price list https://cloud.google.com/translate/pricing
Price list DeepL
- 5 EUR monthly fix fee with free credit for translation of 500k characters.
- Additional translation for 20 EUR per 1 million characters
- You can set limits per month
- See price list https://www.deepl.com/pro#developer
Example of translation prices on an example e-shop:
- E-shop with 10 000 products.
- Single product has on average 700 characters for translation.
- 10% of the texts are duplicate texts that are repeated across products. Ordelogy Translate doesn't send the duplicates for translation, so it saves you money for not translating the same texts again.
- 500 new products are added to the e-shop every month.
First month Ordelogy Translate is for free for the first month, you only pay for the use of the translator services.
- DeepL 121 EUR
- or Google Translate $10 or $126, depending on whether you use the free introductory credit or not.
- DeepL 5 EUR + Ordelogy Translate 18 EUR.
- Google Translate 10 USD + Ordelogy Translate 18 EUR.
The detailed price calculation is below. Prices are without VAT.
Initial translation (in detail)
In the initial translation, 10 000 products with 700 characters each have to be translated. That is 7 million characters. Ordelogy Translate finds that 10% of the texts are only duplicates, so it sends only 6.3 million characters of unique texts for translation.
Price with Google Translate
- 10 USD monthly fix fee (covers 0.5 million characters)
- Translation of 5.8 million characters 116 USD (if you don't use Google API yet, the initial translation will be covered by a free initial credit)
Price with DeepL
- 5 USD monthly fix fee (covers 0.5 million characters)
- Translation of 5.8 million characters 116 EUR
Monthly translation costs for new products (in detail)
500 new products with 700 characters each are added to the e-shop per month. That is 350 thousand characters. Ordelogy Translate finds that 10% of the texts are only duplicates, so it sends only 315k characters of unique texts for translation.
Price with Google Translate
- 10 USD fix fee will cover the complete translation of new products.
Price with DeepL
- 5 EUR fix fee will cover the complete translation of new products.
This app isn't supported in your currency. GBP (£)
How to connect translation services APIs
For setting up translation, you first need to connect to the API (a two-way "pipe" for data transfer) of external translation services.
Google Translate API https://translatepress.com/docs/automatic-translation/generate-google-api-key/
Setting the maximum price quotas for translation
In the settings of translation services, you can set quotas on the amount of translations processed, i.e. their price. So you don't have to worry about spending unreasonable amounts.
Google Translate API https://cloud.google.com/translate/quotas
Creating a translation rule
Once you have created a connection to the external translation service, you can create a translation rule. On the Rules page, click the New Rule button.
Fill in fields to create a translation rule.
After you click on the New Rule button, the translation rule will be saved.
Immediate re-generation of export
For faster translation, you can manually regenerate the export in Mergado instead of waiting for regular re-generation.